Patch Notes, Updates and Live Status
4/16/2015 Server Update
- Poison Tokens - when a hero with Poison Tokens on them is defeated the tokens move to the closest allied hero.
- Poison Tokens - The number of Poison Tokens removed at the start of round will never be greater than the current hp of the hero they are on.
- Healing Tokens - The number of Healing Tokens removed at the start of round will never be greater than the amount required to heal a hero to full. (Healing tokens can now sit unused on a full-health hero until needed)
- Carrier - When defeated now puts 2 poison tokens on enemies and 1 on allies. (Used to be 2)
- Herad - MP required to cast is now 10 (8 when evolved), down from 12 (10)
- Druid - At start of round puts a healing token on each ally. When evolved puts an additional healing token on each plant. (Used to not use healing tokens and heal only plants). Attack raised by 1.
- Mechanical Golem / Catapult - Now have one higher defense.
- Corpse Eater - Attack /defense both increased by 1.
- Field Engineer - TP ability now costs 20 (down from 30) and remove 1 -1/-1 token from each allied machine instead of all tokens.
- Haunter / Vengeful Spirit - Both are now "Undead" class.
- Aether Knight - Now gives 2 MP a round to allies instead of raising Magic Power by 2.
- Spell Fork - Now costs 3 (down from 4) but the second cast is done with 1/2 Magic Power.
- Janika - Defense is now 2 (up from 1)
- Berserkr - Old TP ability removed. New ability is to take an extra turn at 30 TP. Defense reduced by 1.
- Reaper - Now can only do lethal damage to members of enemy team. Threshold lowered to 7 or below. (Used to be 9 or below). One less attack power.
- Blessed Meek - In addition to putting 1/1 tokens on each cost 1 hero now also raises HP of those heroes by 3. Cost now 3. (From 2)
- Heavy Soldier - Now does 1 bonus damage to white/green heroes.
- Fire Bomb - Whenever Fire Bomb takes damage now gains half that damage as HP. Fully evolved magic power now 19. (Down from 23)
- Bowman - Now does 2 bonus damage to slow targets.
- Beast Tamer - Now all animals on team gain 1 attack and adjacent animals another 1. (Used to be +2 to all, regardless of position)
- Soulstealer Litch - Magic Power now ranges from from 5-7 evolved. (Used to be 6-8)
- Poison Beast - Now starts with Shield 1 and one less defense, gains defense on first evolve.
- Aether Shaper - Was replaced with Master Mimic!
- Silver leagues now have higher rewards.
- Abilities that prevent incoming damage now also prevent the on-hit effects of that damage. (For example if a hero dodges the Bowman's slowing shot they won't get slowed.)
- Spells cast via Spell Fork now correctly count as spells for Clockwork Wurm and Aether Knight. (Previously the second spell cast did not trigger their abilities)
- Fixed a bug where Berskerkr and Ironwood Golem counted as missing all HP when brought back to life by Uneasy Sleep, giving them bonus attack/defense even though their health was full.
Client Version 1.02
- More general stability changes.
- Fixed issue where taking screenshot via built-in Miiverse button could result in dark, washed-out image.
- Fixed clicking through resources quickly making them not register in UI.
- Fixed some sound skipping / stuttering issues.
- Fixed music cutting out in some cases involved poison counters.
- Added more messaging to 4-player draft to make it more clear what is happening in the case where you are waiting for other players to finish.
- Fixed "winner" text in draft sometimes appearing next to person who lost.
- Fixed issue with daily challenge timer.
- Battle animations - melee units now ram into other units, and ranged units fire projectiles. We did this
to make battle look better and also add clarity - it should now be a little more obvious that heroes attack enemies
closest to opposite of them.
- League matching changes - leagues now work a bit differently in a few ways. You will no longer be matched up with people
outside of your league, or not battle someone in your league. Now leagues don't start until enough people join or a certain
amount of time passes - after that each person in a league battles each other person twice. We will keep an eye on leagues
and adjust the timing, minimum number of entrants, etc, if needed.
- League tiers - players who do well in bronze leagues can now be promoted to silver leagues. Silver leagues will have tougher
competition but also higher rewards.
- You can now hold down the B button during evolution animation to speed it up.
- We've added the ability to schedule special drafts with better rewards. We want to do our best to ensure
that people can find players to play against, so we'll look to use these drafts to schedule times
that people can congregate around.
1/9/2015 Server Update
- If you open a draft pack with a duplicate hero in it that hero will now be evolved one level from your highest existing version of that hero.
- Fixed an issue with Hill Knight and Uneasy Sleep where heroes adjacent to Hill Knight could be alive but face down.
- Hill Knight no longer gains 1 attack at evo level 1 or 4 HP at evo level 3.
- Falcon now gains 1 defense at evo level 2, down from 2.
- Ballista now goes from slow to normal speed at evo level 3. (Previously did nothing!)
- Potent Poison now costs 1 instead of 2
- Mountain Troll now has 4 defense instead of 3
- Shieldbearer starting HP is now 20, up from 18. Defense is 3, down from 4, but shield now blocks 3 damage instead of 2.
- Shieldbearer now gains 1 attack at evo level 1, 2 hp at evo level 2, and an extra point of Shield at evo level 3.
- Herad, Antimage has 7 attack, up from 6.
Client Version 1.01
- When the client encounters networking issues it will now retry and show a window with the spinning wheel and retry count, rather than forcing the game to exit. We hope this will alleviate the vast majority of network-related exits.
- Countdown text in draft is now yellow instead of red when time is running out, to make numbers more readable on the gamepad.
- Made numerous changes / fixes to jumping back to draft from other screens.
- Fixed some client text issues, including "cardss" and "23th"
- The "end" button now appears in a battle if a draft the player is queued up for fills up with players, so that the player can quickly finish the battle then jump to draft.
- "Launch full miiverse" window is now closed before Miiverse is launched, so it no longer shows up in screenshots.
- "Launch full miiverse" window no longer sometimes appears behind the enemy cards.
- "Launch full miiverse" window now shows the name of the topic that Miiverse will open to.
- Fixed an issue with the client occasionally crashing on the collection screen. This issue is hard to reproduce, so we're not 100% sure if this is completely fixed.
- Fixed an issue with the client occasionally crashing on the the shop screen. This issue is hard to reproduce, so we're not 100% sure if this is completely fixed.
- Fixed ability text from older evolved cards showing up when you evolve an unrelated card.
- Fixed state issues with more rows / less rows buttons being disabled when they shouldn't be.
- Fixed Miiverse posts showing up on unowned cards in the almanac.
- Fixed the almanac not showing new cards after you visit it once.
- Fixed a bug where a completed objective could be marked as incomplete.
- The order of the colors of the team creation connectors now matches the order used in the collection view. (The order was previously reversed, with green on the bottom and white on the top)
- Fixed the title of the league team being in the wrong place in the lab for the bottom team.
- Fixed the draft status "pizza bar" sticking around when players leave a draft and remain queued.
- Fixed client occasionally crashing when doing a Daily Challenge.
12/21/2014 Server Update
- Fixed the last battle in the first round of a 4-player draft being cut off. Now when the last battle of the first round starts players have 2 minutes to view the battle before the next round of brackets begins. In future client/server updates we plan to make the status text better reflect the state of the draft - to indicate to battling players exactly how much time they have left to view the battle and to let waiting players know exactly how long until the second round of brackets starts. If you still see battles in being cut off before 2 minutes of viewing time please let us know!
- Fixed ability text on Ironwood Golem to correctly show that it gains 1 Defense per 3 missing HP rather than 4
- Fixed 3rd evolution level on Ironwood Golem that didn't do anything. (Now it gains 1 defense per 2 missing health)
- Fixed issue where when Hill Knight was defeated adjacent heroes appeared to lose HP and could display an HP of zero while still being active.
- Fixed interaction between Uneasy Sleep and cards that had effects while in play. These cards include Hill Knight, Gladius Knight, Beast Tamer and other cards that change stats of other cards will in play. This fix also addresses an issue with Cactus Bull , now when plants or animals are revived it correctly gains a +1/+1 token.
- Fixed a few text errors in coversations.
- Fixed a problem where the client would display an error message and force a restart after viewing a campaign conversation.